Thursday, July 3, 2014

20 TOP Nurse Practitioner Interview Questions and Answers pdf

Most Frequently asked 20 Top Nurse Practitioner Interview Questions and Answers for freshers and experienced pdf

1. Why do you want to be a nurse?
I genuinely care about people. I never want to be in a situation where someone is in need of immediate medical assistance where I'm the only person nearby, but I don't know what to do. Seeing someone suffering and knowing that there is nothing that you can do to help is the worst feeling.

2. Will you be working, etc. while working in the program?
I will be continuing my work in the ER full-time as long as it coordinates well with my schooling.

3. How do you respond to stress? Do you feel like you live a high-stress life?
I'm pretty good at keeping my cool. I've learned how to manage stress by staying organized to the best of my ability. I'm the type of person that writes To-Do Lists every morning. It's easier for me to write things down to prevent confusion, and I have a pretty keen memory. I can prioritize well and handle several different things at once. Time-management is very important. I would not say that I live a high-stress life, but a little stress does me some good; it makes me prepare more and work harder.

4. What are your best (and worst) qualities? Why? How are you working to change the worst qualities?
My best qualities are reverence and compassion and determination. I appreciate life and I don't discriminate. I believe that everyone deserves the same amount of care. I give everything my all. My worst qualities are my shyness definitely and perfectionism. I've had problems with paralyzed perfectionism, but I've learned how to deal. I focus on getting things done right away without procrastination.

5. Why did you choose this program? Did you apply to others? Were you accepted?
Convenience is definitely one reason. I have a great job that I really enjoy here in Williston, and I wouldn't want to sacrifice that. I've known that I've wanted to be a nurse for a while now, and my coworkers have told me about Williston's competitive excellent nursing program.

6. How would friends describe you? How does this compare with how you would describe yourself?
My friends would describe me as easy going and hard working. They wouldn't call me shy, but I would. I just know them well enough to feel comfortable around them.

7. Do you have any concerns about the program? What are they and why? Ask questions!
My coworkers have gotten me pretty concerned about having to do tasks quickly and verbalizing what you're doing at the same time, but I think I'll manage. I have questions about the required equipment. I have my own stethoscope and sphygmomanometer. Would I have to buy a certain kind or would mine be sufficient?

8. What is the most difficult thing you have ever done? Why?
Having to step out of my comfort zone is difficult for me. Working the night shift, we get several intoxicated individuals. I've dealt with inappropriate men and women before. Once, I had to help a man use the restroom who was to drunk to help himself. This was difficult for me, but I put my emotions aside and considered the patient and the fact that he was not in the right state of mind. I don't mind asking for help. This same man needed to be restrained a bit in order to have a CT done, so I asked help from one of the male nurses.

9. What attracts you to nursing? What do you find unappealing about nursing?
I like the idea of helping people and how rewarding that can be. What I find unappealing would be how I've seen nurses drained of their compassion. I'm pretty resilient. You have to le some things go like when a patient calls you something foul, because they're in pain and won't be acting in an acceptable manner.

10. What do you think a nurse's responsibility is in today's society?
A nurse's responsibility is to aid in however way they can in easing the pain of a patient and prolonging their life guided by the orders of the doctor.

11. What kind of experiences have you had with nurses in your past?
Well, I work with nurses. The nurses have demonstrated to me how to do certain procedures like the insertion of catheters, insertion of NG tubes and several other similar procedures.

12. What qualities do you possess that will make a good nurse?
I'm disciplined, compassionate, eager to learn and help, and I don't give up on people.

13. What area would you like to work in once you finish school, and why?
I like working in the ER. I like the endless excitement. I see so many different things, and I'll never stop learning.

14. In regards to nursing, where do you see yourself in 5 years?
I see myself working in the hospital setting still pursuing a higher education. Recently, I have been considering becoming a nurse practitioner, so I see myself attending school.

15. Where do you see yourself in 10 years?
I will have moved up the career ladder, but I don't see myself in Williston. I'll be comfortable wherever I may be and with a family of my own.

16. How well do you get along with others?
I am an easy person to get along with. I'm sure some people dislike me in some way, but I can honestly say that I've never had a big dispute with anyone before. I've been annoyed with people who slack off, and cause myself or others to work hard to cover up their slack, but I have had no problem confronting them respectfully.

17. Are you a leader or a follower?
It depends on the situation. If I feel confident and knowledgeable in the subject, then yes I will take lead. But, if I know someone else is more qualified than myself, then I have no problem with stepping back.

18. Are you comfortable taking leadership roles?
Yes, if I know my stuff.

19. Are you willing to be a representative for a small group of people or the whole nursing program?
Yes, I like challenges and would love to take on a leadership role.

20. How do you deal with a situation when a person who does not know you has decided that he/she doesn't like you?
I give them the chance to get to know me. I would try to befriend them subtly, because I would rather not have that tension.

No comments: